Sunday 19 February 2017

Another Watch of The Terminator



I wasn't around when The Terminator was released in the theatres but after watching Terminator Genesys with a different kind of Sarah Connor and how surreal the movie feels compared with the other Terminator movies before it, I had to buy the DVD and re-watch it. Not that I haven't seen it before, I barely remember what happened, so I had to watch it again. Another movie where I truly understood what may of been going on during the 1980s. The poster barely gives it away. The hero of the movie, Kyle Reese (not Arnold's character) is the lead character but he doesn't get a place on the movie posters. Instead we have the character who is the Terminator on the poster. What better way to put one of the world champion of the 1970s on a movie poster to get people into the theatres? Maybe most of you already know this, but I had other stuff to focus on in my life, so I just noticed now.

Something else that greatly interested me, the guy that played the lead character, Michael Biehn. It may of been his first solo hero character in a movie. The previous movies he's been doing, clearly made him into this role in The Terminator. His first movie was title The Fan, went he plays a stalker. If you want to get that movie on DVD, you'll have trouble doing so as the movie cost me almost $25 to own because it's out-of-print and the other movie he's in is Lord of Disciples went he plays a cadet in national forces. (I have but haven't watched yet) So you have a guy who played a stalker in his first movie role and another role where he had military experiences, so what better way to put him in a film, where he has to to find (and follow) Sarah Connor in some 80s club at night hours and later tries to explain to her what those terminator from the future are made off without looking crazy? The entire industry was in on this back then which may it must of a thrill to watch. You could tell they enjoyed the movie the most.

The Terminator has aged alot and it almost doesn't feel natural to watch it but it's really hard to remember that this was the movie that gave us the other Terminator movies (with all their CGI and special effects) and shows. Those movies had us watching and even discussing why this movie exists. This movie (along with other Arnie starred movies) is definitely a re-watch and examine.

You want to meet more folks like myself? Head over to http://www.byfchat.com to discuss these movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment