Monday 20 February 2017

Why I Decided to Finally Purchase the Wii U



I decided to get a Wii U recently. The Wii U isn't the best console. It's the least sold console from Nintendo to date considering that all the previous Nintendo consoles had their fair share of success despite the very powerful competition they've had in the past. The Wii U was build to compete against the PS4 and Xbox One. I've always wondered to understand why it didn't sell so well and I actually do have a few theories about why. It over sells the tablet. All I ever saw was a tablet on the screen. I'm actually not sure what that slim looking box is to be honest. I actually understood what it was because when I got it, I finally saw what it is. Secondly it's clearly the Wii's success but active play from the past. The Wii was bought by so many however it was later shelved by many and people simply weren't playing them when they weren't released. (reference: https://www.engadget.com/2007/10/16/famitsu-publisher-says-67-of-wii-owners-arent-playing/). So it clearly explains what many people thought about the console when it was released.

The main reason I wanted to get the Wii U is because it is Nintendo's strong attempt to sell the console and in my opinion, they've done that. It's a shame it's the same story as the Wii U is almost like what Sega did with the Dreamcast expect it didn't put Nintendo out of business but it did scare them considering they're releasing the Nintendo Switch.

I believe the current owners are going to make the most out of the console. One day, there would be such good support like the Dreamcast has and it's one of the reasons I got the console. The tablet is historic but it doesn't catch on with so many. Many great games which take advangate of the consoles hardware. I think the discs are tackled together. Nintendo didn't want it to be a Blu-ray player, so they called it another Nintendo formatted disc which uses the Blu Ray technology. I actually think while it embed this feature, it still feels like blu-ray and is just a way to hide it to make it feel special, maybe it works. The games make up for it. Games like Mario Kart, Zelda, Splattoon, Pokken Tournament (Clearly a play on words on Pokemon and Tekken) and even Bayonetta 2 have make a strong mark in gaming which is seen on the Wii U. The Wii U really caters for gamers. A shame it didn't sell so well because those games are going to be rare. The main reason I got the Wii U now shortly after the news broke that Nintendo would stop manufacturing them.

So that's really about it. That sums up why I got the Wii U now. Also... it's going to be the last console I'm ever going to purchase in my life time. As much as I like disc based consoles, from the PlayStation, Dreamcast and Xbox, I can't be bothered sitting down seeing the rest of gaming. I'm taking a big rest from purchasing consoles. Maybe if Amazon or Google make a disc based console, then I'll get back on. Even Apple if they want to go down that road of making a console. Steam machines maybe too. Who knows. Anything could happen in the gaming industry. Funny how Nintendo Switch will use cartridges also because I'm catching on to that.

You want to talk to me and any other folks? Head over to http://www.byfchat.com to find more folks like myself there for a chat.

No comments:

Post a Comment